Friday 28 December 2012

New Years resolutions for 2013


So Christmas 2012 is done and its time to reflect on the past year and look forward to all the excitement that 2013 has to offer. It’s around this time that we all start thinking about the New Year so I thought I’d make a few resolutions, that I promise I’ll be trying my best to stick to! I thought by putting my resolutions on here, where you can all read them, I’d force myself to make as much effort as possible with them.

So then, with only a few days left of 2012, here are my New Years resolutions.

1.  Blog more – I haven’t posted as frequently as I’d have liked this year, if fact my blog has been a little neglected. So in 2013 I’m going to be posting once a week at the very least.

2.  Make more – I’m sure we are all guilty of this, so when I see things and say, “I could make that”, I should actually make it. I’m not going to just look at wonderful creations on Pinterest and do nothing about them. I have made a board on Pinterest dedicated to this so I have no excuse!


3. Get fit – This is a biggie for next year and I am sure this is one which appears on most resolution lists. I’m going to start training, get into better shape, with the goal of completing a half marathon at some point next year!


4.  Raise money for charity – I will get sponsored for the half marathon. Job done.

5.  Make more of an effort to see friends who live far away – This is Britain; you can get literally anywhere in just a few hours, so there is no excuse for this one.

6.  Get my articles published on more blogs and design industry sites – I’d quite like a mini publishing empire!

7. Interact more with fellow designers – We’re a great little online community, and I think in 2013 we could really forge some strong ties, in order to spread and share ideas, so that we can all make the most of social media.


8. Find a work/life balance with which I’m truly happy – I love my work and I love spending time with my family, and although it can be a bit of a plate spinning act at times, I’m going to work hard to get the most out of both.

9. Get more sleep! – I think we can all relate to this one.


10. Stick to my resolutions! – Ok, so this one might seem like a bit of a cheat, but I’m trying to make absolutely sure that this list is complete by this time next year.

Ok, there we have it: My New Years resolutions for 2013. Now to enjoy the rest of the festive period and eat as much as I can before the detox begins. I’ll keep you posted on how I’m getting on, and make sure you get in touch with your resolutions as well.

3 comments:

  1. What awesome resolutions!!! I love everyone and could apply to my own life! So happy to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick to resolutions is a must have on every list !!!

    ReplyDelete