Friday, 11 May 2012
Installing Bathroom Cabinets, How to Avoid a DIY Disaster
1) Use your stud finder to locate where the wall studs are, as these will ease installation. Mark these areas lightly with a pencil as a guide.
2) Take a spirit level and draw a horizontal line below where the cabinet will be fitted to act as a guide when fitting the cabinet later.
3) Drill a hole into each corner of the cabinet. Always remember to wear safety glasses and gloves when drilling.
4) Lift the cabinet into place, if you need any additional help ask someone to help you with this. Then take a spirit level to ensure the cabinet is evenly positioned.
5) Take a pencil and mark the wall to indicate where each screw will need to be placed in the wall.
6) Remove the cabinet and drill these indicated holes in the wall.
7) Take the cabinet again and align it with these drilled holes, again asking for help if you require it. Use a screwdriver to fix the cabinet to the wall.
8) Once you are confident that the cabinet is level and secure, you can begin filling the cabinet with your everyday essentials. Remember to check the manufacturer’s guidelines as to the maximum weight of products that can be stored within.